17 April 2008

Yarrrrr! (29-01-2008)

"We shall have a magnificent garden party, and you're not invited."*

It's one in the morning, and I'm drinking coffee. Why? Who knows? Despite the fact that I consider myself to be rather intelligent, I do stupid shit like drink coffee when I should be sleeping for no apparent reason other than the fact that I like the taste. Yes, that was a long sentence. No, it was not a run-on. I'm a little hyper. Can you tell?

Anyway, I've decided that I was definitely a pirate in some past life (or perhaps all of my past lives) - apparently I believe in reincarnation. Huh...

So yeah, if it were reasonably possible, I would definitely be a pirate in this life. Sailing around the world. Drinking copious amounts of rum. Sword fighting. Pillaging. Plundering. Pirate wenches. Devils, and black sheep, and really bad eggs. What could be better? Nothing says I.

Ooooo, and I'd have a pet monkey.

And now I leave you with a poem:

Casanova and the Jabberwocky

"Discite grammatici cur
mascula nomina cunnus
Et cur femineum mentula
nomen habet?" Queried
the loquacious deipnosophist,
glaring ominously at the
seemingly taciturn dilettante.
Unbeknownst to his majesty,
however, the amateur was,
in fact, an unconventional
philologist. In any other milieu,
the innate innocuousness
of such a conundrum would
have been comedic, but the
perfidious petulance of the
scholar vexed his prudence.
The odious, feculent master
therefore responded:
"Disce quod a domino
nomina servus habet."



(*Jack Sparrow/Johnny Depp)

No comments: