17 April 2008

Relapse (08-10-2007)

It's weird how something you thought you were over can come back one day, totally untriggered, and bring with it a tidal wave of melancholy. It really shouldn't bother me, but it does. Most of all, it makes me wish for times before when I was carefree, and the most important people to me would be (and are) always there. Times when movies, anime, and simple pleasures were readily available, as well as the capacity to lose oneself in them. Times before I became a cynic of romantic love. Times before her, the one who REALLY messed me up.

Now I seek solitude. I often try to find solace in the things that used to bring me so much joy, but my jaded consciousness only makes them palatably bittersweet.

EDIT: I think I've become so cynical lately that it's actually making me depressed. I think I should do something about that... maybe sacrifice a goat?

EDIT: I don't think that was a good idea... it got kind of messy and didn't really help to resolve anything...

No comments: